Memory Lane - Photo Gallery
A Citizens Committee is established, led by J. E. "Ted" Holtzinger and Colonel John S. Fair; it requests that the Pennsylvania State College start an undergraduate center at Altoona. Citizens Committee kicks off an "AUC Fund Drive" to renovate the former Webster Elementary School located at Lexington and 10th Street; $5,000 is raised in three months.
September—The Altoona Undergraduate Center at Webster opens to 119 students and nine faculty. Dr. Robert Eiche is the director (1939-1968).
The Citizens Committee—now the Citizens Advisory Board—raises $3,000 to purchase the former Madison School to hold sophomore science classes.