Because of the dominant position of the United States in world affairs, there is and will continue to be a demand for men and women who have acquired foreign language skills along with other higher education credentials. The need is apparent in seven major areas:
- Industry and commerce: Import-export, banking, finance, research, translation.
- Scientific and professional: engineering, research, law, medicine, library services, translation.
- Government: Overseas dependents' schools, overseas aid agencies, intelligence and law enforcement, the Foreign Service, translation, radio.
- Armed forces: Overseas duty, intelligence.
- Arts, media, and entertainment: Foreign news coverage, book publishing, the performing arts, literary translation and research.
- Travel and tourism: Travel services and literature.
- Service: Religious and volunteer agencies, teaching, international organizations, law enforcement.
Dr. Roselyn Costantino
Associate Professor of Spanish and Women's Studies
Arts and Humanities
Office: 127 Hawthorn Building