When applying for Penn State admission for the first time, regardless of the
type of applicant, consider the following:
- Familiarize yourself with campus and academic choices described on the
Undergraduate Admissions Office Web site prior to completing your application.
- Penn State undergraduate admissions applications are processed centrally in the Undergraduate Admissions Office, 201 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802. All admissions-related forms and documents
must be sent to this address to complete your application for admission.
- A complete application, determined by the type of applicant and major selected, is required to provide an admissions decision.
- Pay particular attention to application deadlines and/or additional requirements, such as a portfolio or audition, required for admission consideration to some Penn State associate and baccalaureate majors. Additional requirements are described on the
Undergraduate Admissions Office Web site.
- Some applicants, based on the selected major, may have the opportunity to select a first and second choice campus. In these cases, selecting only one campus does not guarantee admission to that campus since the number of applicants selecting a specific campus may exceed the number of available admission spaces at that campus.
- The Undergraduate Admissions Office always tries to accommodate an applicant’s interest in a first choice campus before considering admission to the second choice campus.
- If an offer of admission cannot be extended when only one campus is selected, the Undergraduate Admissions Office does not automatically offer admission to a different campus. In these cases, the applicant will be contacted to select a second choice campus if there is continued interest in Penn State admission consideration.
- The admission decision considers a number of factors such as the strength of an applicant’s academic record, when the application for admission becomes complete, the campus and major selected, and the competitiveness for admission based on the number of applications to a campus
or major versus the number of available spaces.
- Check your MyPennState account regularly, accessed on the
Undergraduate Admissions Office Web site, for updates on your application status.
- When offered admission, read all documents thoroughly and be sure to respond by the deadlines identified with your offer of admission.
Contact Penn State Altoona’s Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-949-5466 with any questions.