The Counseling Center is staffed by licensed counselors who provide both individual counseling and case management services. The Center's staff is dedicated to assisting students in their pursuit of personal and academic growth, to helping students gain a better understanding and appreciation of themselves, and to support students as they make important decisions about their lives. Contact the Health and Wellness Center at 814-949-5540 to schedule an appointment or schedule through the Online Student Access secure portal.
- Many students find that just scheduling one or two appointments helps them feel better and more confident in helping themselves.
- The first eight sessions are FREE for full-time students.
- Students report that the best thing about counseling is learning that you are not the "only one."
- Students report a high level of satisfaction with the services they receive.
- All contacts and sessions are held in the strictest confidence. You will need to sign a release of information for any information to be disclosed to any party. The only exception is if you are in danger of hurting yourself or others.
- What you learn in therapy is what you practice outside of therapy on your own. Research demonstrates that patients who carry out assignments in between sessions get better faster.
- Medications for mental health disorders can be provided through Health Services of Psychiatric Services