Procedures for Arranging Exams Through Disability Services
For testing to be scheduled through Disability Services it is very important that you plan ahead. It is your responsibility to do the following for each of your exams:
- Pick-up a Modified Testing Form at Disability Services, located in the Health and Wellness Center.
- Take the form to your instructor. Review your need for test accommodations and ask the instructor to complete the Modified Testing Form.
- You and your instructor will need to decide date and time for testing as well as how to get the test to and from Disability Services. Testing times vary each semester depending on proctor availability
- Return form to Disability Services to schedule the exam at least five (5) working days prior to the examination date. We cannot guarantee arrangements will be made for exams if we are not given a five (5) day notice. (Saturday and Sunday are not included).
Disability Services will:
- Arrange a testing location for you
- Arrange for a proctor to administer the examination
- Arrange examination delivery or return as necessary
Welcome to the Disability Services at Penn State Altoona. At Penn State, we are committed to providing a welcoming, encouraging, and empowering environment for students with disabilities to ensure equal access, full participation and reasonable accommodations for their academic pursuits. Disability Services is responsible for coordinating support services, reasonable academic accommodations, and promoting disability awareness in the university community. I encourage you to consider participation on the Penn State Altoona Disability Services Advisory Board if you would like to have a more active role in enhancing the services to students at Penn State Altoona who receive services. Please contact Dr. Joy Himmel at email@example.com for additional information.