Ivy Leaf - Fall 2004
Council Formed to Support Development Efforts
A distinguished group of volunteers is providing time, counsel and financial support to assist the College in broadening its base of support among alumni and friends nationwide.
Established by Penn State Altoona's Advisory Board, the Council is charged with formulating and approving overall strategy for fund-raising and overseeing its implementation; establishing and approving operating policies; assisting in identifying and recruiting key volunteer leaders; and assisting in identifying and soliciting prospective donors.
Council members serve as spokespersons for Penn State Altoona and its fund-raising program; participate in the activities of the College's volunteer organizations; help to develop a stronger Penn State Altoona presence in the key regions of the country; take a leadership role in the realization of the College's current priorities; and make a financial commitment to the College.
During the next four years, the Council will focus on securing gifts that support undergraduate research and the needs of faculty, the creation of student scholarships, and capital projects.
The members of the Development Council are:
- Neil Port, chairman, Neil Port & Associates, Hollidaysburg, PA;
- William Rossman, past chairman, retired Regional President, M&T Bank, Duncansville, PA;
- Dr. Lori Bechtel, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Penn State Altoona, Martinsburg, PA;
- William Castle, Owner, President and Founder, The CASTLE Group, Jobstown, NJ;
- Perry Geib, Founder/President, ATSIM, Inc., Annapolis, MD;
- Stephanie Geib, Vice President of Internal Operations, ATSIM, Inc., Annapolis, MD;
- R. Lee Hite, Owner, Chairman & CEO, The Hite Company, Altoona, PA;
- Fredina Ingold, Director of Athletics, Penn State Altoona, State College, PA;
- Dede Kazmaier, Owner, Professional Presence/Color Me Beautiful and Color for Men, Hollidaysburg, PA;
- Angela Keating, Co-owner/Vice President, Reclamere, Inc., Altoona, PA;
- Shirley Pechter, community activist and philanthropist, Altoona, PA;
- George Sidney, President/Chief Operations Officer, McLanahan Corporation, Altoona, PA;
- Leanne Sidney, Cooperative Education Coordinator, Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center, Altoona, PA;
- Roz Sky, retired elementary school teacher, Altoona, PA.