Greek Life Facts
- Nationally, 71% of all fraternity and sorority member graduate, while only 50% of non-members graduate.
- The All fraternity and sorority GPA is higher than the overall collegiate GPA.
- Since 1910, 85% of the Supreme Court Justices have been fraternity or sorority members.
- All but two Presidents since 1825 have been Greek
- Less then 2% of an average college students expenses go towards Greek membership dues.
- Both women elected to the U.S. Supreme Court were sorority members.
- In the past five years, more than 100 colleges and universities have opened their doors for Greek Life.
- Greeks donate to their Alma Mater, religious groups and other charitable organizations significantly more then Non-Greeks.
- Over 7 million dollars was raised by greeks across the country in the past year.
- Fraternity or sorority members form the largest network of volunteers in the U.S.-Nationally, fraternity or sorority members volunteer approximately 10 million hours of community service annually.
- Fraternity or sorority membership strongly encourages within its community to uphold the ideals that they were founded on: sisterhood and brotherhood, scholarship, leadership, philanthropy, and becoming better citizens of society.