Requests from Altoona to University Park
- The student completes the Change of Campus Request form. This form can be found in the Registrar's Office, 130 Smith Bldg or at
- The Registrar's Office will review the request, focusing on the following:
- Is the student in their chosen major?
- Can the student still make academic progress at Altoona for the next semester?
- Number of credits - completed and in progress – most of the Colleges at University Park have a minimum credit requirement for early change of campus
- When necessary, major departmental support is requested and considered
- Any exceptional circumstance will be reviewed on an individual basis
- Penn State Altoona will not consider the following for early change of campus:
- Signed housing contract or lease
- To pursue a minor
- Student does not like Altoona
- Try-outs for extracurricular activities
- Other extracurricular activities at University Park
- If Penn State Altoona DENIES the request, the student is informed of the decision by email. The request does not move forward to University Park at this time.
- If Penn State Altoona APPROVES the request, the Registrar's Office will file a formal request to the designated College at University Park for review.
- University Park will make the final decision either to deny or approve the request, and an email will be sent to the student regarding the decision.
For more detailed information, please refer to: http://www.altoona.psu.edu/registrar/location_other.php