Requests from Other Penn State Campuses to Altoona
- The student must submit a request through the Registrar's Office at their current campus.
- The current campus will review the request.
- If the request is DENIED by the current campus, they will inform the student, and the request will not move forward to Penn State Altoona.
- If the request is APPROVED, the Registrar's Office will submit a formal request to Penn State Altoona.
- Penn State Altoona will then review the request, based on the following:
- Only students in degree status (in a Penn State University college pre-major or major) will be considered for a Change of Campus.
- Provisional and non-degree* students wanting to transition to Penn State Altoona should consult with the Office of Admissions or Advising Center at their current campus of enrollment for degree admission assistance.
- Change of Campus requests will be reviewed with a goal of allowing the “approved” student sufficient time to schedule classes for the following semester in accordance with Penn State Altoona's scheduling timetable (which is based on credits earned and in progress).
- An approved Change of Campus is contingent upon the student being in degree status at the start of classes for the semester in which the change of campus was approved.
- The decision will be emailed to the student’s PSU Access Account. If approved, advisor, scheduling and housing information will be included in the email.
*Students in non-degree conditional status are not eligible for the change of campus process. If a student in non-degree conditional status (attending a campus other than Altoona) wishes to schedule classes at Altoona, they must have been a permanent resident of the Penn State Altoona service area at the time of their degree admission.