Certificate in Information Systems Security (At least 18 credits are required.)
Prescribed Courses (15 Credits)
- CMPSC 101: Introduction to C++ Programming (3 credits)
- IST110 - Intro. to Information Sciences & Technology (3 credits) or MIS 204: Into. to Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- IST 220 - Networking & Telecommunications (3 credits, Prerequisite: IST 110)
- SRA 111 - Introduction to Security and Risk Analysis (GS) (3 credits)
- SRA 221 - Overview of Information Security (3 credits, Prerequisites: CMPSC 101, IST 110, SRA 111)
Additional Courses (Select 3 additional credits from the following)
- IST 210 - Organization of Data (4 credits, Prerequisite: IST 110)
- SRA 211 - Threat of Terrorism and Crime (3 credits, Prerequisite: SRA 111)
- IST 451 - Network Security (3 credits, Prerequisite: IST 220)
- IST 454 - Computer and Cyber Forensics (3 credits, Prerequisite: IST 220)
- Resident instruction to degree students at the Penn State Altoona campus.
- Penn State Altoona Devorris Downtown Center.
For more information:
Dr. Jungwoo Ryoo
Associate Professor of Information Sciences and Technology
Business and Engineering
Office: 147 Robert L. Smith Learning Resources Center
Dr. Ryoo's research interests include information assurance and security, software engineering, and computer networking. He conducts extensive research in software security, network/cyber security, security management (particularly in the government sector), software architecture, architecture description languages (ADLs), object-oriented software development, formal methods, and requirements engineering. He also has substantial industry experience working with Sprint and IBM in architecting and implementing secure, high-performance software for large-scale network management systems. He received his Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Kansas in 2005.