Mission & Values
Consistent with the University's mission, Intercollegiate Athletics strives for excellence by offering students model programs to develop meaningful standards of academic excellence, athletic performance, leadership, community service, and sportsman-like conduct within the educational and social environment of Penn State Altoona.
- We believe in the primacy of the athlete as a student.
- We respect each student as an individual and their personal welfare is our highest priority.
- We view competition as the means to healthy respect of self and others.
- We promote traditional values of honesty, integrity, commitment, and hard work as the foundation of our reputation and continuing success.
- We are committed to providing coaches who regard themselves first and foremost as teachers.
- Teamwork should prevail in all interactions among students, coaches, staff, and administrators.